Grilled Chipotle Chicken and Sweet Potato Toss
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Serves 4 (serving size: 1 chicken breast and about 3/4 cup salad)
Adobo sauce, what surrounds the chipotle chiles in the can, is a fantastic single-ingredient wet rub for grilled chicken, smoky with just a touch of heat that won't be overwhelming for kids. Grilled sweet potatoes are also a great alternative to fries as they pick up tons of flavor with next to no fat. Give the spuds a jump start in the microwave so they can finish cooking on the grill in less than half the time. If you have leftovers, turn this main and side into a chopped chicken salad, adding your favorite greens and some diced ripe avocado.
- Cooking spray
- 4 (6-oz.) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce from canned chipotle chiles in adobo
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 (8-oz.) sweet potato, peeled and cut lengthwise into 1/2-in.-thick slices
- 1 cup canned unsalted chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons torn fresh basil (optional)
- Calories 420
- Fat 15.6g
- Satfat 2.5g
- Monofat 9.3g
- Polyfat 1.7g
- Protein 43g
- Carbohydrate 25g
- Fiber 5g
- Cholesterol 124mg
- Iron 2mg
- Sodium 526mg
- Calcium 71mg
- Sugars 3g
- Est. added sugars 0g
How to Make It
Preheat grill to medium-high (350°F to 450°F).
Coat grill grate with cooking spray. Rub chicken with adobo sauce; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Arrange chicken on grill grate; cook 5 minutes on each side or until done.
Place 1 tablespoon water and sweet potato slices in a microwave-safe bowl; cover with plastic wrap. Microwave at HIGH 5 minutes or until almost tender. Pat potato slices dry; coat with cooking spray. Arrange on grill; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until tender and grill marks appear. Remove from grill; cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, chickpeas, green onions, oil, juice, and basil, if using, in a large bowl. Add sweet potato; toss. Serve with chicken.