Chicken Skin with Peanuts, Chiles, and Lime
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
This dish of shatteringly crisp chicken skins tossed with peanuts, chiles, and lime is a riff on Chinese salt-and-pepper squid.
- ¼ cup peanut or vegetable oil
- 8 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 jalapeños, thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, green parts only, thinly sliced
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ cup salted, roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Lime wedges (for serving)
Heat oil in a small saucepan over low and cook garlic, stirring occasionally, until translucent and soft, 8–10 minutes; let cool. Transfer garlic to a medium bowl with a slotted spoon; save oil for another use.
Add jalapeños, scallions, cilantro, peanuts, and lime juice to garlic and toss to combine. Gently toss in chicken skin. Serve with lime wedges for squeezing over.